Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thoughts




I think that tragedies,
As horrible and painful as they are,
Can ultimately bring some good with the bad.
I think the deciding factor is us -
whether we choose to accept it.
God gives and He takes away.
He took you away from me.
What choice am I faced with?
I can be angry at God,
And grow bitter and resentful.
I can choose to keep the void
you left open and painfully empty.
Or I can accept it as God's will,
And choose to fill that void
with His goodness and love.
Obviously, I'll choose the latter -
Because who wants a life of bitterness and pain?
Of course, if it were up to me,
If I were allowed to pick,
I'd choose to have you and my God.
But evidently I wasn't meant to have both.
So every empty place you've left behind,
I will let God fill.
He can be our mutual friend.
You're hanging out with Him in Glory,
And I'm clinging to Him to get through each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment