Friday, March 13, 2015

Out of the Mouths of Babes

It's been so long since I've posted anything, I thought I'd kick start things with some quotes from some of my favorite kiddos.

These are things that my niece, nephews, and my oldest child have said and done throughout the past few years, that we thought were funny enough to write down at the time.

Stay tuned for more from the younger ones as they start talking more. Especially the 2014 babies, Luke, Nate, and Ellie. I have a feeling they are going to have a lot to say. :)

Jack, when asked how many children he was going to have: "I don't know how many babies I will have, but I am marrying with Katie and Shane."

From Em: Oliver told me that he was going to make me decaf pears with cocoa so I could be wide asleep and not get cold.

While taking a walk with Clare and Eli, Clare wanted to push the stroller. She looked up at me and said, "Katie, aren't you proud that I can push your big chubby baby up this hill?"

Clare, after referring to Eli as a chubby baby: “I used to think that chubby meant cute and sweet. Now I know that it just means really fat.”

Oliver: “We don’t eat poop… just hot dogs.”

April: “Clare, why do you have paint on your face?”
Clare: “Because I'm an artist. And artists get dirty.”

Eli: “More cheese”
Me (in an attempt to correct him): “Please may I have more cheese?”
Eli: “Okay!”

From mom: Oliver just opened the dishwasher and said he needs to fold dishes.

After a conversation with Pop about the scars on his knees, Clare reported to Gram that he had had surgery. Gram asked her if she knew what surgery was, to which she promptly and confidently replied, "yep! That's when they ga-pow ya!"

Mom brought home Chinese food one day after work. When she walked in with dinner, Sam came running up and asked if she had "the China food." A few minutes later, with a very concerned look on his face, Sam said, "Gram, did you miss me?" Assuming that he meant did she miss him while she was at work, she said, "I sure did, buddy!" He responded, "Should you have gone all the way to China, then?"

Eli (holding flash card): “What’s this?”
Me: “An apple.”
Eli: “There ya go!”

Me: "Sam, what's on your finger?"
Sam: "Dirt. I'm going to eat it."
Me: "You're not supposed to eat dirt."
Sam: "It's ok. I'm pretending it's something I can eat... like a booger."

Oliver: “Sleep will feel me better.”

Sam: "Is Nate a boy's name?"
April: "Yes."
Sam (looking confused): "Is Nate a boy?"
April: "Yes, he is."
Sam (with a sigh): "Okay. I'll let Katie know."

From Em: Oliver told me yesterday after his nap that he “fell awake.”

Me: “Eli, where is the grey block?”
Eli: “Right there!” (holding grey block)
Me: “Good job! That’s grey!”
Eli (pointing to my hair): “Hair?” :\

No comments:

Post a Comment